Thursday, August 21, 2008

Joshua Deane Cahoon


He is finally here!

Josh was born on Monday August 18th 2008 at 1:27am. And here is the story!

At about 8:30pm on Sunday evening, I was giving Avery a bath, when suddenly Ali got up out of bed and ran into the bathroom. A little odd the way she ran I thought. She came out and said she thought her water broke.
"What do you mean think?" I said

Well that had never happened to her before, and there were no contractions as of yet, so we just looked at each. Then the overprotective Jaron freaked out a little and said, "Hurry and let's get going to the hospital."
(Ali will kill me for telling this story, but it is too funny to pass up.)

Ali's water broke at 8:30pm, we arrived at the 10 minute away McKayDee hospital at 10:00pm. Why the time delay.....

Well, I learned that when labor begins, there are 2 lists that MUST happen.

Jarons List:
  1. Avery - Is she taken care of?
  2. Bags loaded in the car...Do we have everything?
  3. Is there gas in the car?
  4. Is the house locked up so nothing happens while we are gone?
  5. We are on a time crunch, don't want to have this baby in the car, and time is running out!!

Ali's list:
  1. I need to shower
  2. I need to wash my hair
  3. I need to put on some makeup, but not too much
  4. I need to blow dry my hair
  5. I need my contacts
  6. I need my hair styling stuff loaded, Don't forget that Jaron
  7. What about Avery?
  8. I need my makeup stuff loaded, Don't forget that Jaron
  9. I need the dishes cleaned in the sink
  10. Is someone coming for Avery?
  11. Is the laundry done?
  12. Is the house clean?
  13. I need to hug Avery.....
  14. Did you get the bags?
  15. Did you get all the bags?

Everything on this list was done! All the while I am stressing out!!

Anyway, we finally get to the hospital, and they check us in, and Ali starts the pushing process at 1:15ish, and 15 minutes later, Josh is born. He was 9lbs 21 inches. Just like his big sister. We stayed in the hospital Monday came home Tuesday afternoon. So there you have it. I know people have been waiting for these pictures, so more on this later!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah he's finally here!! And dog gone worth the wait! A beautiful boy (or maybe I should say a handsome baby boy :)) either way you've both have done well. Enjoy every minute of it...as you know time goes by so fast.


Congradulations to the whole Cahoon family.

Tami Aleman and the Aleman Family

Jill C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill C said...

Alanae-
I found you! I have been thinking about you, wondering how you are, what you are doing, and if you have any kids... so congratulations on the new baby boy. Your family is really cute. I hope all is well and hope to hear from you soon.
Jill C
christensenfamily1997.blogspot.com

Cami said...

I need to see some more proof that the little boy is growing!!! Could you please get on the ball Jaron! I hope that your little family is doing well Sent some photos my way van der Wekken doesn't share so well!!
wekken1@peoplepc.com

Unknown said...

Alanae- This is Jennifer(Wayment) Oberholzer. I found you on Jill C.s blog. Congratulations on your new sweet baby boy! Our blog address is
oberholzerfam.blogspot.com